Risk, Environmental, Health and Safety
Also see our Inventory of Environment, Health and Safety Research.
- news/archive October 5, 2006 Is FDA Nanotech-Ready? A new report released today, Regulating the Products of Nanotechnology: Does FDA Have the Tools It Needs? by Michael Taylor, a former Deputy Commissioner for Policy at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), examines the agency’s capacity to properly regulate new products containing nanotechnology materials—including food, drugs, medical devices, dietary supplements and cosmetics. video audio
- publications/archive October 1, 2006 Regulating the Products of Nanotechnology: Does FDA Have the Tools it Needs?
- publications/archive September 28, 2006 Comments on the UK Government’s response to the Royal Society and Royal Academy of Engineering report
- news/archive September 21, 2006 Nanotechnology Development Suffers from Lack of Risk Research Plan, Inadequate Funding & Leadership The successful development of nanotechnology—with its potential to help provide new medical treatments, sustainable energy, and 21st century jobs—is being jeopardized by the lack of a clear federal strategy for examining possible environmental, health and safety risks and by inadequate funding for this work. video
- news/archive September 20, 2006 Congressional Hearing on Nanotechnology
- events/archive September 19, 2006 Public Awareness of Nanotechnology: What do Americans know? Who do they trust? Major Poll Findings to be Released video
- news/archive September 19, 2006 Public Awareness of Nano Grows - Majority Remain Unaware Research findings released today from the first major national poll on nanotechnology in more than two years indicate that while more Americans are now aware of the emerging science, the majority of the public still has heard little to nothing about it. The poll also finds that the public looks to the federal government and independent parties to oversee nanotechnology research and development. These results, according to experts, necessitate increased education and stronger oversight as a means to increase public confidence in nanotechnology. video
- news/archive September 7, 2006 New Report on Nanotechnology in Agriculture and Food
- news/archive July 19, 2006 Intel Congratulates Wilson Center on Publication of New Nano Report
- events/archive July 19, 2006 Nanotechnology: A Research Strategy for Addressing Risk
- publications/archive July 1, 2006 Nanotechnology: A Research Strategy for Addressing Risk
- publications/archive July 1, 2006 Nanotechnology Startup Concerns, Information Needs, and Opportunities to Proactively Address Environmental, Health, and Social Issues
- publications/archive July 1, 2006 Falling Through the Cracks? Public Perception, Risk, and the Oversight of Emerging Nanotechnologies
- events/archive June 12, 2006 Nanotechnology Risk and Oversight: It’s Your Business!
- publications/archive June 1, 2006 Rapid Environmental Impact Screening For Engineered Nanomaterials