Risk, Environmental, Health and Safety
Also see our Inventory of Environment, Health and Safety Research.
- news/archive January 4, 2007 Nanotech Safety Needs Specific Government Risk Research Strategy and Funding
- news/archive November 27, 2006 Have Yourself A Merry “Nano” Christmas!
- publications/archive November 16, 2006 Safe Handling of Nanotechnology
- news/archive November 16, 2006 Congressmen and Former EPA Administrator Release Statements in Support of Nature Paper Several high profile statements were released today in response to the publication of the “Safe Handling of Nanotechnology” published in the November 16 issue of Nature. See below for excerpts and links to the complete statements. video
- events/archive November 16, 2006 Scientists Set Five Grand Challenges for Nanotechnology Risk Research Fourteen top international scientists in the field of nanotechnology have identified Five Grand Challenges for nanotechnology risk research that must be met if the technology is to reach its full potential. video
- news/archive November 16, 2006 Spectre of Possible Harm Threatens Nanotech Development, Experts Say
- news/archive October 23, 2006 Nanotechnology: Next Big Thing, or Much Ado About Nothing?
- publications/archive October 10, 2006 Statement of Michael R. Taylor at FDA hearing
- news/archive October 10, 2006 Nanotech Knocks on FDA’s Door “Thanks to the promise of nanotechnology, people will benefit from fantastic new prescription drugs and from better ways of getting existing pharmaceuticals into the body for more effective disease treatments. But new nano-enabled drugs and medical devices also place new burdens on an oversight agency that is already stretched extremely thin,” said Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies Director David Rejeski in a presentation today at the Food and Drug Administration’s first major public meeting on regulating products containing nanotechnology materials. video
- news/archive October 6, 2006 Comments Submitted to UK Council on Science & Technology
- news/archive October 6, 2006 Project Comments Submitted to FDA in Advance of Public Hearing
- events/archive October 5, 2006 Regulating the Products of Nanotechnology Former Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Deputy Commissioner for Policy Michael R. Taylor analyzes FDA’s ability to properly protect the American public from the potential hazards associated with nanotechnology in a new report, Regulating the Products of Nanotechnology: Does FDA Have the Tools It Needs? video
- news/archive October 5, 2006 Nanotechnology: Sold in a Store Near You!
- news/archive October 5, 2006 Is FDA Nanotech-Ready? A new report released today, Regulating the Products of Nanotechnology: Does FDA Have the Tools It Needs? by Michael Taylor, a former Deputy Commissioner for Policy at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), examines the agency’s capacity to properly regulate new products containing nanotechnology materials—including food, drugs, medical devices, dietary supplements and cosmetics. video audio
- publications/archive October 1, 2006 Regulating the Products of Nanotechnology: Does FDA Have the Tools it Needs?