An inventory of nanotechnology-based consumer products currently on the market.
After more than twenty years of basic and applied research, nanotechnologies are gaining in commercial use. Nanoscale materials now are in electronic, cosmetics, automotive and medical products. But it has been difficult to find out how many “nano” consumer products are on the market and which merchandise could be called “nano.”
While not comprehensive, this inventory gives the public the best available look at the 1,000+ manufacturer-identified nanotechnology-based consumer products currently on the market.
Continue by selecting an item below
- Browse Browse products by name, category, company, or country
- Search Inventory Search for products with keywords, categories, countries, companies, and more
- Background How we decide what is in, and what is out
- Updates Information on updates to the inventory
- Analysis Facts and figures about products in the inventory
The inventory is an essential resource for consumers, citizens, policymakers, and others who are interested in learning about how nanotechnology is entering the marketplace. It is meant to be international and expanding. Users are encouraged to submit new and updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Consumer Products Inventory there are currently 1317 products, produced by 587 companies, located in 30 countries.