Dedicated to helping ensure that as nanotechnology advances, possible risks are minimized, public and consumer engagement remains strong, and potential new benefits are realized. Learn About Nanotechnology Nanotechnology Business
- NIOSH, CDC to Examine Health Effects of Carbon Nanotubes in Workplace The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and the National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health are taking public comment on their plans for a new exposure assessment and epidemiological study of U.S. workers that are exposed to carbon nanotubes and nanofibers.
- FDA Releases Food, Cosmetic Nanotechnology Guidances for Public Comment The Food & Drug Administration has released two new guidance documents for public comment outlining agency policy for the use of nanotechnology in food ingredients and packaging and the use of nanotechnology in cosmetic products.
- New EC Publication Marks New Strategy Towards Responsible Innovation The European Commission’s Science in Society Programme reflects on how to proceed towards Responsible Research and Innovation in the Information and Communication Technologies and Security Technology fields.
- New Report Finds Public Perception of Nanotechnology Not Negative Today the Food Standards Authority issued a report on consumer attitudes to the use of nanotechnology in Food, drinks and other related products such as processing and packaging. The results, based on focus group studies, suggest that the public perception of nanotechnology in food is not negative, and is based on weighing up the benefits with risks.
- Nanotechnology between the lab and the shop floor: what are the effects on labor? A new report by STIP fellow Noela Invernizzi explores the market changes posed by nanotechnology that may be disruptive for some categories of workers.
- Nanotech-enabled Consumer Products Continue to Rise The most recent update to the Nanotechnology Consumer Product Inventory finds that over 1,300 manufacturer-identified nanotechnology-enabled consumer products have entered the marketplace to date.
- Charting a Path PEN 19 - Voluntary Initiatives, Regulation, and Nanotechnology Oversight Dr. Daniel J. Fiorino
- February 16, 2011 Socio-Technical Integration Research Project Workshop 4 Join the Synthetic Biology Project on February 16 and 17 for the Socio-Technical Integration Research (STIR) Project Workshop 4.
- December 1, 2010 Nanotechnology Research Directions for Societal Needs in 2020 Release of a new report,“Nanotechnology Research Directions for Societal Needs in 2020” (Eds. M. Roco, C. Mirkin and M. Hersam), Springer, 2010.